Our response to Scottish Government’s consultation on Scotland’s Energy Efficiency Programme
We welcome the Scottish Government’s commitment to prioritise energy efficiency as a national infrastructure priority through a large-scale SEEP programme over the next 20 years. This activity will help to:
- Meet climate change targets.
- Eliminate energy performance of domestic buildings as a cause of fuel poverty and enable measurable health and early years improvements.
- Increase productivity, and therefore the competitiveness of the Scottish economy, through the improvement of energy performance of non-domestic buildings.
- Create a substantial Scottish market and supply chain for energy efficiency and heat decarbonisation technologies, delivering local jobs across Scotland.
- Regenerate communities through upgraded building stock.
As part of this consultation response ACE recommends that the Scottish Government should:
- Set both interim milestones and final targets to set a clear direction of travel.
- Prioritise the early implementation of energy efficiency measures while continuing to work on the decarbonisation plans for Scottish homes.
- Implement minimum energy efficiency standards in both domestic and non-domestic buildings,
- Implement financial and fiscal incentives to support minimum energy efficiency standards in both domestic and non-domestic buildings.
Read our response to the consultation here
See the Scottish Government’s consultation site here
Trackback from your site.