EAC Inquiry into making government operations more sustainable
In summary, this short memorandum by ACE for the Environmental Audit Committee Inquiry into making government operations more sustainable finds that:
- Government is not on track to meet its own carbon reduction and energy efficiency targets
- Current targets are merely set as aims or goals and should be made mandatory
- The Government should back Anne Snelgrove MP’s Public Sector Buildings (Energy Performance) Bill which makes mandatory the Government’s commitment to procure buildings in the top quartile of energy performance
- Government has failed to introduce new requirements for the procurement of energy efficient public sector buildings pursuant to Article 5 of the Energy Services Directive
- All targets should be extended to cover Executive Non-Departmental Public Bodies, in addition to Government Departments and Executive Agencies
Trackback from your site.